Office Manager – Administrative Assistant
Serving the LA Jewish teen community since 1949, LA Hebrew High School is the premier flagship supplemental Jewish High School in LA. The school is accredited and recognized by local public high schools for the purposes of granting high school foreign language credit, and recently gained approval for UCOP A-G Online Publisher recognition.
The Office Manager will have a major administrative and operational role in our organization’s smooth operation and success. Candidates must have a passion and appreciation for an education-based non-profit that fulfills the mission of Jewish teen education. Knowing how to communicate with, engage, and collaborate with our Head of School, teachers, parents, students, and lay leaders is highly desirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
* The position requires experience in office management, including familiarity with school management systems.
* Applicant must have working knowledge of Google Docs, Google Drive and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as familiarity with blast email programs include My Emma and/or Constant Contact.
* Must be tech savvy with Google classroom, Zoom and SurveyMonkey and demonstrate savviness in learning new programs easily, including JotForm and other tools that we use. Training possible.
* Being the main gatekeeper for staff and students, having good customer service, communication and technical savviness to troubleshoot online learning platforms preferred.
Knowledge of Hebrew preferred, not required
Experience with event planning, development, social media, graphic design, grant writing will enhance the application.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
3 – 5 years experience working in non-profit organization preferred.
Jewish organizational experience a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter and demonstrates taking initiative
* Multi-tasker & Organized!
* Problem solver
* Works well on a team
We are currently seeking someone a minimum of 4 hours per day, 4 days a week, and Sunday mornings.
Position will report to our Head of School.
All Jewish Holidays off!
Commensurate with experience
Applicants apply directly to Employer.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
title of email “Application Office Manager”